Congratulations on taking the first step towards starting your business!
Even though many steps lie ahead, our Startup Roadmap can guide you along the journey. It provides detailed directions, tips on avoiding detours and helpful resources to reach your destination.
To help you during this exciting trip, work with a SCORE mentor. Your mentor is the best tour guide— someone who has experienced their own journey to entrepreneurship. Seventy percent of mentored businesses survive more than five years — double the rate for non-mentored small businesses over that same time period.
The Startup Roadmap, sponsored by FedEx, includes these chapters, but you do not have to stop at every exit:
- Chapter 1: Starting Your Journey
- Chapter 2: Are You Ready to Start a Business?
- Chapter 3: Defining and Validating Your Idea
- Chapter 4: Business Plan or Business Model Canvas?
- Chapter 5: Finding Funding
- Chapter 6: Setting Up Your Business
- Chapter 7: Accounting, Insurance, and Legal Considerations
- Chapter 8: Marketing Your Business
- Chapter 9: Pricing, Sales, and Distribution
- Chapter 10: Setting Up Your Physical Location
- Chapter 11: Staffing Your Business
- Chapter 12: Open for Business
The SCORE Startup Roadmap, sponsored by FedEx, outlines every step in starting a business. Work with your mentor to help you reach your goal smoothly.